San Diego Pedestrian Accident Attorney Yasmine Djawadian
When a pedestrian is involved in an accident with a passenger vehicle, the injuries can be profound. Pedestrians lack the physical protection that passengers in the vehicle enjoy, and they are often thrown several feet, increasing the severity of the injuries when impact occurs. These injuries can be life changing. Recovery can be long and difficult.
Being injured in a pedestrian accident in California will change your life. But as a victim of this type of accident, you have rights under California law. If you’ve been injured in a San Diego area pedestrian accident, please call 858.800.4235 to speak with our experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Pedestrian Involved Accidents In San Diego
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, in 2013 there were 594 pedestrians involved in San Diego accidents. These accidents include people who were walking or riding a bicycle. The Office of Traffic Safety only includes accidents that involved injuries or death of the pedestrian. Sadly, this reflects 10 percent of all passenger vehicle accidents in the San Diego area.
Common Injuries Associated With A Pedestrian Accident
While it is impossible to determine exactly what types of injuries will happen in a pedestrian-involved accident, there are some injuries that are more common with these types of accidents. These injuries include:
• Traumatic Brain Injury. Most pedestrians receive some type of trauma to their heads as a result of the accident.
• Spinal Cord or Spinal Injuries. The impact of the large vehicle against the body, being thrown, or impacting the ground can all damage the spine.
• Lacerations and Broken Bones. Generally inflicted from the impact with the ground.
• Emotional Trauma. This is especially true in young victims who suffer emotionally from the event.
Of course, these are not the only injuries that pedestrian accident victims experience during their event.
Your Rights As A Victim Of A Pedestrian Accident
If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident in San Diego, California, you have the right to seek certain types of compensation for your injuries and losses. These types of compensation include:
• Cost of current and future medical care for the injuries related to the accident
• Loss of current and future income that is a result of the injuries received
• Loss of benefits that occurred as a result of your inability to work such as contributions to your retirement plan
• Cost to replace personal property that was damaged as a result of the accident
• Loss of Consortium
• Loss of the pleasures of life
• Possible Pain and Suffering
Speak To A Personal Injury – Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today!
If you or your loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, or if you have lost a loved one to one of these accidents, you are encouraged to protect your rights and speak to a personal injury attorney. Our pedestrian accident attorney will aggressively represent your case and seek full and fair compensation for your injuries and losses.